To: 2013 Widener Delaware Bar Review Students
From: Professor Micah J. Yarbrough, Director
Date: May 9, 2013
Re: Program Information
On behalf of Widener University School of Law, welcome to the 2013 Widener Delaware Bar Review Program. Before the course begins, I would like to inform you of a few administrative matters and course updates.
- Book Pick-up. Registrants may pick-up available course materials on Monday, May 20th in the Shrine Atrium of the main Law School Building. Materials will be distributed from 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Proper identification is required. Lectures will begin the next morning on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 9:00 am in the Vale Court Room.
Written authorization from registrant is required for others to pick up your course materials.
- Barbri MBE books
- DE Binder Set
- Binders I – II (DE subject outlines)
- Binder III (past DE bar exam materials)
- PACED Study Schedule
- Course Registration ID cards
- Parking decal
2. First Reading Assignment: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Evidence (Barbri Multistate)
- “How to Use MS Testing Books” (Barbri Multistate Testing Practice Questions Vol. I)
- “How to Use” (Delaware Essay Testing – Binder III)
3. DE Bar Review Course Blog. This Blog is designed to update you on course developments as we move through the summer schedule. Please check back frequently for announcements regarding the availability of course materials, recorded lectures, or changes to the calendar and more. A link to the Blog is located on the Widener Bar Programs Office web page.
4. Online Access to Lectures.
DE subject lectures. Both audio and video files of all DE subject lectures will be available online. Every attempt will be made to post audio files by the next-day following the live lecture, while video files may take one to two days after the lecture. Password-protected links to lectures and any related handouts will be located only on the Widener Delaware Bar Review Course web page.
Multistate videos/MBE Workshop/MPT Workshop. These materials will be available online through the Barbri web site and by dvd/ipod through the DE Bar Programs Office.
- Change of Address. Enclosed is a change of address form. If you have changed or will be changing your address after the program begins, please complete and return this form to the Bar Programs Office.
- Student Bar Review I.D. Cards. Identification cards will be issued to each student registered for the Bar Review program. I.D. cards will be checked before each class session to gain entrance. In addition, you will be required to present your I.D. card at the Law Library in order to view any bar material placed on reserve.
Please Note: You will need a Barbri issued username/password to access and download the Studysmart® bar review software and/or access Bar/Bri lectures available online. You will receive an automated email from Barbri authorizing login once you are entered into their system.
7. Summer Course Schedule. A copy of the summer calendar listing the course schedule of lectures and presentations for your planning needs is posted on the Widener bar course web page. Morning sessions begin at 9:00 am. Full day sessions (July 8-10) run from 9:00 am. to approximately 4:00 p.m. Multistate classes run for approximately 3-4 hours. Delaware live lecture classes run for approximately 2-4 hours. All classes will be presented in the Ruby Vale Courtroom (Main Law Building).
8. Summer Office Hours. The Bar Programs Office will operate on summer hours beginning June 3rd. Please note the following hours of operation.
May 21st – May 31st M-Fri 9 am to 5 pm
June 3rd – July 12th M-Th 9 am to 5:30 pm (No Fridays)
Please direct questions or requests for additional information to the Bar Programs Office, Office of Student Affairs, Widener University School of Law or call (302) 477-2087.
We look forward to your arrival and a successful bar program.