Links to Relevant Sites on Climate Change
- The IPCC is the leading body for the assessment of climate change from a scientific standpoint. The IPCC site includes overviews of assessment reports, recent news and activities of the IPCC and meeting notes.
- Official site of the UNFCCC Secretariat. Site includes all treaties, meetings, decisions and supporting documents. Coverage of all COP, MOP and subsidiary bodies.
- Extension of the official UN website. Broadly addresses UN policies and commitment to climate change issues.
- News, information and analysis on international environmental and sustainable development negotiations and policy making.
- Extensive collection of links compiled by the IISD on international environmental law and policy
- The IEA provides analyses on the energy dimension of climate change and the energy implications of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol. Site includes publications/papers, news, and information on upcoming programs.
THE UNITED STATES
- Official EPA website on Climate Change. Includes comprehensive information on various climate change issues, including U.S. climate policy and regulations, climate science explanations, health/environmental effects, economics, and helpful suggestions for citizen participation.
- GCRIO provides access to data and information on climate change research, adaptation/mitigation strategies and technologies, and global change-related educational resources on behalf of the various US Federal Agencies that are involved in the US Global Change Research Program (USGCRP).
- Provides up-to-date information on green power providers, product offerings, consumer protection issues, and policies affecting green power markets. It also includes a reference library of relevant papers, articles and reports. The GPN is operated and maintained by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy.
- California’s resource for global climate change information and state policy
LAW RELATED LINKS
- Homepage for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Ecosystems Committee
- Provides lists of books, law review articles, and links on the topic of Climate Change
- Interactive “map” on Climate Change litigation in the United States and abroad.
- Educating congress on clean energy and climate change, working to develop innovative policy solutions.
- Provides a comprehensive and comparable database of greenhouse gas emissions data (including all major sources and sinks) and other climate-relevant indicators.
NEWS AND INFORMATIONAL SOURCES
- Provides links to departments/agencies within national governments around the world, international and regional sources, on-line journals from around the world and other databases.
- Searchable database on the environmental, social, and economic trends that shape our world.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.