NEW SOURCE REVIEW:
- Proposal to addresses when pre-construction permitting requirements under the New Source Review (NSR) permitting program would transition from the 1-hour to the 8-hour National Ambient Air Quality Standards for ozone.
- Proposes a SIP call to ensure that all states with NSR PSD permitting authority will begin to include the newly established thresholds under the recent Final GHG Tailoring Rule
- Proposal that an FIP would apply in any state that is unable to submit a SIP revision to ensure that the state has authority to issue permits under the PSD program for GHG sources.
- Final Rule setting greenhouse gas emission thresholds for stationary sources regulated under CAA permitting programs. Defines when permits under the New Source Review Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and title V Operating Permit programs are required for new and existing industrial facilities.
- EPA made a call for public comment and information on accounting for GHG emissions from bioenergy and other biogenic sources to supplement its final GHG tailoring rule.
EPA Clean Air Act Sec. 202 Endangerment Finding and Technical Support Document.
On December 15, 2009 EPA published its 52 page Endangerment Finding under Clean Air Act Section 202 in the Federal Register, 74 Fed. Reg. 66496 – 66546 (Tuesday Dec. 15, 2009). It is available at http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/endangerment/downloads/Federal_Register-EPA-HQ-OAR-2009-0171-Dec.15-09.pdf. Additional information, including EPA’s Endangerment Finding Technical Support Document and its Responses to Comments, is available at EPA’s website: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/endangerment.html.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.