LSDAS vs. Portal Application
We have received MANY questions about applying. There seems to be confusion about our preferred process so here’s the general idea:
- Create a portal account.
- Apply for free through law.widener.edu.
- Register for LSDAS. They collect your transcripts, letters of recommendation and LSAT scores.
- Pay for an LSDAS report.
- Your file is complete once we receive your application and LSDAS report. If you want to add anything else contact the Admissions Office to hold your file.
- Keep checking the portal at law.widener.edu. A decision will be available a few weeks after completing your file. Exceptions: wait listed candidates and Trial Admissions Program candidates, these applicants will receive a decision around March and April.
- If you apply through LSDAS after Dec. 31 you will be charged a $60 application fee! So skip the payment and apply here!
Hope that clarifies things! It may seem confusing but everything is streamlined by following these steps. Good luck and happy applying!